Posted to alt.food.wine
Bi!! Bi!! is offline

Default 3 Chards

On Jan 18, 11:05*am, lleichtman > wrote:
> On Jan 18, 8:11*am, "Bi!!" > wrote:
>

> > We had wine guests on SSunday evening and we all brought a bottle of
> > Chardonnay to go with a mixed grill of Halibut, shrimps, scallops and
> > chicken. *Three of the bottles were impressive:

> > 2005 Peter Michael Point Rouge-deep golden hue in the glass. *Very
> > ripe pear note on the nose with honey and flower aromas. *Well rounded
> > citrus and orchard fruit flavors. *Nice zip on the end but overall
> > just a tad flabby. "B+"

> > 2007 Kongsgaard "The Judge" Napa-Pale gold, bright nose of fresh
> > lemons and sea salt. *Tangy lemon curd and pineapple with a deep
> > gravelly minerality. *Well balanced. *Needs some time. *"A-"

> > 2004 Louis Latour Batard Montrachet-Bright gold in the glass. *Very
> > deep nose of honeysuckle, peaches and citrus. *Well rounded and rich
> > on the palate with nice squirt of fresh lemon juice on the finish with
> > very pronounced chalky note. "A"

> Wow, great selection of Chardonnays. The most expensive did not seem
> to be the best.- Hide quoted text -

Mine was the Latour and was the cheapest of the three by a long shot
since I bought it on release at wholesale. Price rarely seems to
matter. I think the Peter Michael was probably the most expensive
bottle of the group. We had a number (6) of very average chards that
i didn't bother with posting notes on.