Posted to rec.food.cooking
itsjoannotjoann itsjoannotjoann is offline

Default Tuna Patties

On Jan 16, 10:14*am, Janet Wilder > wrote:
> On 1/15/2011 11:28 PM, sf wrote:
>

> > On Sat, 15 Jan 2011 19:13:18 -0800 (PST), itsjoannotjoann
> > > *wrote:

> >> Tuna is a great substitute for salmon when making patties.

> > Is the standard way to make fish patties by mixing with mashed potato?

> My mother used matzo meal. I've used flavored breadcrumbs. Neer thought
> of mashed potatoes.

I've never heard nor eaten them prepared with mashed potatoes and it
doesn't sound appealing. I fix the patties using tuna just like I do
canned salmon. Cornmeal as the binder along with an egg and several
generous shakes of lemon pepper.