Steve Jackson

Default Beer troubles in Pennsylvania

"Tom Wolper" > wrote in message
link.net...

> I stand corrected. I do remember "banquet beer" at convenience stores in
> Salt Lake City, though, which is something you don't see in Pennsylvania.

It's 3.2 beer. Utah is one of a handful of states that bars sales of beer
above 3.2 percent ABW in groceries and convenience stores. Minnesota and
Oklahoma do the same.

> There was some reason the nationals couldn't penetrate the market or at
> least didn't try. When they did come in, that meant the end for a lot of
> small brewers.

Part of the reason was that it wasn't until the 70s and 80s that there
really became a national beer market. Beer was still largely regional up
until that point, with some scattered national brands, mainly Schlitz and
Bud.

-Steve