Steve Jackson

Default Beer troubles in Pennsylvania

> wrote in message
t...

> Wow, you really ought to get out more. There are a LOT of states
> without beer sales in supermarkets (and, generally, one can say that the
> better beer selections exist in such states). New Jersey and
> Massachusetts sell beer in liquor stores, for just two examples of
> states with great beer selections without supermarket sales. In fact,
> as a beer lover, I HATE states where beer is sold in supermarkets (old,
> exposed to light and poor selections).

That's just silly. Hating entire states because they allow beer sales in
groceries?

OK, so you're engaging in some hyperbole. But just because some stores don't
take great care of their beer doesn't mean all stores are like that. I've
seen plenty of (usually upscale) grocers that take good care of their beer,
and are excellent places to buy from.

Plus, allowing grocers to sell beer makes it easier for shops to combine
gourmet drinks (for lack of a better term) with gourmet foods (a la
Bierkraft in Brooklyn or Khan's in Indianapolis or Sam's in Chicago or
Hi-Time Wine in suburban LA). And those shops are a good thing

-Steve