Posted to alt.food.barbecue
ChairMan ChairMan is offline

Default Dallas, TX BBQ

In ,
piedmont > spewed forth:
> In flight right now on Delta returning from my brothers wedding in
> Dallas, TX.
>
> Made it to Fort Worth 'Stockyards' to eat at Coopers BBQ, had goat,
> brisket, sausage and pork loin. It was all good. The sauce they have,
> to me, was like a mop, watery in viscosity, very mild flavor.
>
> Also took out Q from Dickies, but I only had spare ribs, the rib meat
> was mild flavored and didn't seem cook with wood, not saying it wasn't
> but seemed so. Their sauce was more like a mild tomatoe based sauce
> and not watery.

Condolences on eating at Dickies as CH said, Angelos and The Railhead are
good, but for Dallas try Mike Anderson near Parkland on Harry Hines or
venture to south or west Dallas for better choices. There's not much to
choose from north of downtown that's worth talking about. There's a Rudy's
in Frisco, but I find it really hit and miss. Red Hot and Blue...yuk,
Springcreek...yuk,yuk. Sammys in Uptown on Leonard is okay