Posted to rec.food.cooking
The Cook The Cook is offline

Default 15 Minutes Prep Time...

On Wed, 12 Jan 2011 22:30:59 -0500, Cheryl >
wrote:

>On 1/12/2011 9:35 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
>> At one point in time I was severely disabled and could not stand up for any
>> length of time. I bought a bar stool and used it to sit on.

>It sounds like you're better now. I hadn't thought of a bar stool to
>sit on to help with food prep. I'm thinking about it now! Thanks!

My husband sits at the kitchen table to do the prep. He washes and
trims at the sink and then takes the stuff to table. I don't like
that because the height is wrong for me. Small amounts I do standing
at the counter. For large amounts, like 20 pounds of tomatoes, I put
a cutting board across the side of the sink with the garbage disposal,
pull up the kitchen stool and open the cabinet door under the sink and
put my feet in the cabinet. By opening the cabinet door I can get
close enough to work.

Most of the time I am not too picky about whether or not the veggies
are chopped in perfect little pieces, especially when they are going
into a cooking pot. I am more careful when doing a company salad.
--
Susan N.