Posted to rec.food.cooking
Bryan[_6_] Bryan[_6_] is offline

Default Wikileaks reveals how the "corporate" US Government under GW Bushpressured Europe to buy GMO foods

On Jan 12, 7:14*pm, " >
wrote:
> On Jan 12, 2:51*pm, notbob > wrote:
>
> > On 2011-01-12, Goomba > wrote:

> > > Osteopaths are wonderful doctors and surgeons.
> > > Perhaps you're confusing them with chiropractors?

> > You are correct in that I mistakenly said "osteopath" when I was
> > thinking of homeopathy, which I rate one step below crystal healing
> > and coffee enemas. *OTOH, I also rate osteopaths along side
> > chiropractors, which about 95% of them are, IMO, are quacks and
> > charlatans.

> > Likewise, you are certainly entitled to YOUR opinion.

> > nb *

> My last hip replacement was done by an osteopath. * And my regular
> doctor is an osteopath.

Most osteopaths are indistinguishable from MDs. I think there can be
value in osteopathic or chiropractic manipulation, and even in
rolfing. The problem is when they claim to be able to do things that
they can't do, and that many chiropractors employ hokum stuff like
homeopathic "medicine." A chiropractor really helped my back, but he
also put pyramids on me and gave me worthless homeopathic stuff. When
I told him that stuff like that was silly, he asked if I thought
they'd harm me. I said, "No," and he said, "Humor me." That was
almost 30 years ago, and I haven't had any bad back problems since.
Accupressure and massage, including deep tissue massage, seem to work
well for some folks. I've learned to use them, though not on a
professional basis, to relieve pain in loved ones.

> Christine

--Bryan

FoodBanter.com Database Error
Database Error Database error
The FoodBanter.com database has encountered a problem.

Please try the following:
  • Load the page again by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser.
  • Open the www.foodbanter.com home page, then try to open another page.
  • Click the Back button to try another link.
The www.foodbanter.com forum technical staff have been notified of the error, though you may contact them if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.