Posted to rec.food.cooking
Goomba[_2_] Goomba[_2_] is offline

Default 15 Minutes Prep Time...

Terry Pulliam Burd wrote:
> ...on Venus, maybe. I wanted to try a new chili that was a bit more
> zippy than the one I use, so thought I'd try this one that I got off
> FN. It clearly states "15 mins." prep time, which unless there is
> another definition for "prep time" means getting all the bits and
> pieces ready to put into the pot. Now, just eyeballin' the recipe, one
> can see that cutting up the bacon, chopping the garlic, onions, 3
> green peppers, etc. is going to take more than 15 mins. unless you are
> way, way super faster than I am. And the recipe says it serves "4 to
> 6." That'd be 4 - 6 linebackers for the Vikings, but 8 - 10 of my
> nearest and dearest. And I love, love, love the reviews (which is why
> I picked this recipe, everyone seemed to go bonkers for it). Most of
> them raved about the recipe, then gave you six different ways they
> *changed* it. Oh, and it's a good recipe, but not a trip to the moon.

I think it would take me all of 15 min to prep, but not much more if
any. I'm pretty quick in the kitchen. Of course I'd also be chopping the
onions and peppers while the bacon browned slowly in the pot.

As to servings-I think it would probably make about 8 large bowlfuls.
Not servings, but big bowlfuls. I eat a lot less chili than my husband
yet we both had a serving.