Posted to rec.food.restaurants
Retirednoguilt Retirednoguilt is offline

Default The Stench of Subway

On 1/2/2011 4:14 AM, Eartha wrote:
> Aside from a horrible experience I had (In Ohio, strangely enough --
> Portsmouth) I've found most Subways to be pretty clean and
> appetizing. Sure, the bread isn't all that but the meats and veggies
> are OK. What do you want for a $5 foot long anyway? The Ohio subway
> was truly execrable -- flies buzzing around, the veggies a mish mash,
> water on the floor. the owner wasn't around but the sign indicated an
> Indian name. I figured, why do the guy a favor by pointing all of
> this out? If he's so uninvolved that he can't monitor his own biz, he
> can lose his money.

If I had that experience at a Subway, I'll file a complaint with
headquarters. I suspect that they are very careful about who they
franchise and don't want that kind of store damaging their reputation.
I'll bet that they would send an inspector very soon to check that store.