Posted to rec.food.cooking
notbob[_5_] notbob[_5_] is offline

Default How any flours do you stock?

On 2010-12-29, Jim Elbrecht > wrote:

> What special flours do the rest of you insist on using?

I'm not a baker, not by a longshot. But, did some buying in
anticipation of learning to bake bread, last Winter. Before I could
get too serious, it began warming up and I lost interest, somewhat.
Now that it's cold again, I'm back to baking, but have been lured
astray by the prospect of lovely delicious pies.

Looking at my stash, I have:
bleached AP flour
unbleached AP flour
bread flour
Whole wheat flour
rye flour
gluten additive flour
high altitude AP flour

I want to get some White Lily, which is soft wheat flour. I think
I've got pretty much everything else, including instant tapioca which
I bought last week, along with some fresh baking powder. I plan on
doing some breads, but am still hot on the trail of a good pie. Jes
bought a qt of fresh blueberries. See my new thread.

nb