Posted to rec.food.cooking
sf[_9_] sf[_9_] is offline

Default A cooking pot that doesn't absorb the smell of fish when cooking fish?

On Fri, 7 Jan 2011 10:21:25 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

> On Jan 7, 10:42*am, sf > wrote:
> > On Fri, 7 Jan 2011 06:23:28 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
> >
> > > wrote:

> > > Why not scrub the outside?

> > Because the outside is a mirror finish and an abrasive will scratch
> > it.

> If I don't scrub the outside, it gets brown and crusty, especially the
> saute pan. I'd rather have my cookware scratched.
>
> They're tools. They're not supposed to look like the just came
> out of the box.

You must store yours out of sight. Mine are on a pot rack and I'd
prefer that they not look quite that bad. Believe me, mine do not
look like they just came out of the box either; but my old anodized
pans are "two toned" and I think they look awful.

--

Never trust a dog to watch your food.