Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Michael (piedmont) Michael (piedmont) is offline

Default Dallas, TX BBQ

On 1/2/2011 6:50 PM, wrote:
> On 2-Jan-2011, > wrote:
>
>> n flight right now on Delta returning from my brothers wedding in
>> Dallas, TX.
>>
>> Made it to Fort Worth 'Stockyards' to eat at Coopers BBQ, had goat,
>> brisket, sausage and pork loin. It was all good. The sauce they have,
>> to me, was like a mop, watery in viscosity, very mild flavor.
>>
>> Also took out Q from Dickies, but I only had spare ribs, the rib meat
>> was mild flavored and didn't seem cook with wood, not saying it wasn't
>> but seemed so. Their sauce was more like a mild tomatoe based sauce
>> and not watery.

> Nice to hear from you Mike. You caught me in the middle of a smoker
> run. There are two butts and two rack of spares out there in the pit
> as I write this. The ribs will be done in a half hour or so, (maybe). I
> expect about 4 hours and it's been 3.5 already. Nothing special about
> this run except I'm not using Bayou Blast for rub this time. They went
> in with just S&P+Garlic.. We'll see what we'll see when it all comes
> out.

Hi Howard,

Sounds like your making some good q there. I have a turkey waiting for
me to soak in TFM's brine, and after that I really need to replenish my
pastrami supply!

I've been really busy of late, started a new job 3 weeks ago and then
the 4 day trip to Dallas. It was great to be able to make it for my
brothers first wedding as well as try out some Texas Q. All of the Q I
had was good, wish I had more time there. I think Coopers cooked with
wood. They had wood cookers sitting along the side of the building as
well as what looked like burn down pits to burn logs down to coals.

Happy Q'n!
Mike