Posted to alt.food.barbecue
[email protected] hrbrickerNOSPAM@verizon.net is offline

Default Dallas, TX BBQ

On 2-Jan-2011, piedmont > wrote:

> n flight right now on Delta returning from my brothers wedding in
> Dallas, TX.
>
> Made it to Fort Worth 'Stockyards' to eat at Coopers BBQ, had goat,
> brisket, sausage and pork loin. It was all good. The sauce they have,
> to me, was like a mop, watery in viscosity, very mild flavor.
>
> Also took out Q from Dickies, but I only had spare ribs, the rib meat
> was mild flavored and didn't seem cook with wood, not saying it wasn't
> but seemed so. Their sauce was more like a mild tomatoe based sauce
> and not watery.

Nice to hear from you Mike. You caught me in the middle of a smoker
run. There are two butts and two rack of spares out there in the pit
as I write this. The ribs will be done in a half hour or so, (maybe). I
expect about 4 hours and it's been 3.5 already. Nothing special about
this run except I'm not using Bayou Blast for rub this time. They went
in with just S&P+Garlic.. We'll see what we'll see when it all comes
out.

--
Brick(Youth is wasted on young people)