Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Bob-tx[_3_] Bob-tx[_3_] is offline

Default Dallas, TX BBQ

"piedmont" > wrote in message
> In flight right now on Delta returning from my brothers wedding in
> Dallas, TX.
>
> Made it to Fort Worth 'Stockyards' to eat at Coopers BBQ, had goat,
> brisket, sausage and pork loin. It was all good. The sauce they have,
> to me, was like a mop, watery in viscosity, very mild flavor.
>
> Also took out Q from Dickies, but I only had spare ribs, the rib meat
> was mild flavored and didn't seem cook with wood, not saying it wasn't
> but seemed so. Their sauce was more like a mild tomatoe based sauce
> and not watery.

I am going to reveal a Texas secret here and hope I don't get
disenfranchised or loose my Texas citizenship.

All the people in Dallas, Ft. Worth, Houston, San Antonio, Brownsville and
all the Rio Grande Valley, San Angelo, El Paso, Elgin, Abilene, Lubbock,
Amarillo, and most every place else in Texas come to Austin for BARBECUE.
It is the best, I think every barbecue place in Austin copied my recipes.
(Except for my chicken which ain't all that great).

So, I understand your frustration in trying to find real barbecue in Ft
Worth and Dallas.

Bob-tx