Posted to rec.food.cooking
sf[_9_] sf[_9_] is offline

Default Global Warming

On Fri, 31 Dec 2010 13:40:22 +1100, "FarmI" <ask@itshall be given>
wrote:

> "ravenlynne" > wrote in message

> >> It must be very frustrating to put up with.
> >>

> > But please try to remember not all of us.

> Yup.
>
> Many of us are happy to use
> > our brains and figure things out without a 2000 year old book telling is
> > "the way".

> Yup. If I lived there, I'm sure I would find it frustrating.
>
> In another group I'm being told by somene I trust that religion is a factor
> in some USians refusing to believe that humans are animals (as in 'animal,
> vegetable, mineral'). I find that really, really amazing.

I'd be willing to bet they are also home schooling their children to
protect them from all that science blather they're teaching in public
schools today. As was mentioned earlier, otherwise reasonable and
intelligent people can get really stupid when the bible is involved.
Some people actually believe in the bible as written: they believe
that everything was created in 7 days... no metaphor involved and they
believe humans walked the earth with dinosaurs. There is even a
museum to support the theory.
http://www.nytimes.com/2007/05/24/arts/24crea.html

I prefer to watch Dinotopia. At least the dinosaurs spoke English so
humans didn't have to guess at what they wanted.

--

Never trust a dog to watch your food.