Posted to rec.food.cooking
ravenlynne[_5_] ravenlynne[_5_] is offline

Default Global Warming

On 12/30/2010 10:44 AM, Dan L wrote:
> > wrote:

>>> It's not all that frustrating, I enjoy the arguing. I reach my high when I
>>> am calm and my opponent starts to scream in my face calling me a blasphemer
>>> while I smile back
>>>

>> Or they express their pity for you for not believing like they do...

> Pity from the religious, nonsense... It is more like disgust, otherwise
> they would not yell. Pity is also a two way street. How can one believe in
> something that cannot be seen, felt, heard and no physical evidence? The
> Bible was written by Man not a God or inspired by a non existent God.

I stated that I didn't believe in heaven or hell and they said "We feel
sorry for you." I feel sorry for them that they have to watch every
thing they do or they face an eternity of burning. I prefer karma, myself.

> They believe because they want to part of a family that also believes. Born
> in the US more likely to be Christian, Born in Middle East more likely to
> be Muslim, Born in India more likely to be Hindu... The list goes on. The
> desire to belong out weighs reason. Better to believe in fantasy and be
> happy than accept reality and be alone... That is why people believe, like
> mob mentality.

It's a lovely dream, christianity. I wish that I could believe
sometimes. It would be a lot easier, especially in my husband's family.
But I have too many questions that they can't answer. And "faith
means believing without asking why" doesn't cut it for me.

--
Currently Reading: Falling Free by Lois McMaster Bujold