Gorio Gorio is offline
Senior Member

Location: WI

I agree on the science/religion thing. To have absolute faith in one or the other, though, is the problem. Science has it's "gotta be right, because it's science" camp, too. The problem with science with regard to global warming is a lack of correlational evidence to actually prove causality.

People have faith that science proves that second hand smoke is dangerous. There are no unbiased studies that show correlation. Most studies about each come from funded think tanks with the sole prupose of proving the hypothesis. The mere act of doing so is anathema to the scietific process. If Al Gore or any of the other major proponents are paying for it, it can't be taken as scientific fact. Most of what I have read is just that "pay for proof." They may be right. But the fact that what was proven was payed for to be so and to come to the pre-proven conclusion makes it scientifically invalid. I'm still open to research on the subject; but not biased research.

Most research is about learning something, not proving it. I'm still a bit in the air w/regard to global warming; just like I am about whether God spoke through any book/person. An omnipotent being speaking only to the literate class? The people I know that argue against climate change say that this has ocurred through history and has little to nothing to do with human activity. Volcanoes spew many more greenhouse gases than cars, powerplants, etc.

I don't know as I'm a bit agnostic on both fronts. Dear Abbey......

Last edited by Gorio : 29-12-2010 at 11:50 PM