Posted to rec.food.cooking
Doug Freyburger Doug Freyburger is offline

Default Global Warming

Dan L wrote:
> "FarmI" <ask@itshall be given> wrote:
>
>> Are you in the US? I'm always amazed at some of the things I see being said
>> by some Americans about climate change. There seem to be some very anti
>> science people in the US.

> You are correct about many in the U.S. being anti science. Religion and
> Science go together like oil and water, they do not mix. Show me a person
> who is strongly religious and I will show you a person that does not
> believe in global warming.

Note there are only a couple of religions that oppose science. They
happen to be the two largest religions by population world wide. That
doesn't mean there are no other religions that have no problems with
science.

> Science has been at war with religion since the days of Galileo Galilei.

Your arrow of effect and cause points the wrong direction, and your
generalizer is overloading. Christianty has been at war with science
since the days of Galileo. Islam has the same trend. Buddhism not so
much. Hindu not so much. And so on down the list of countless
religious options.

> I am not amazed, by it at all. It is typical of many Americans to be anti
> science.

As seen previously in Edward Gibbon's "The Decline and Fall of the Roman
Empire". It's a gigantic book but an extremely educational one.

Global warming - It will bring more hot food. Peppers and spices like
hot climates. Cooking uses heat.