Posted to rec.food.cooking
Dan L Dan L is offline

Default Global Warming

"FarmI" <ask@itshall be given> wrote:
> "Kent" > wrote in message
>> I can't believe the naivety of what's being said on television about Global
>> Warming. Sorry to post this but I have to.

> Are you in the US? I'm always amazed at some of the things I see being said
> by some Americans about climate change. There seem to be some very anti
> science people in the US.

You are correct about many in the U.S. being anti science. Religion and
Science go together like oil and water, they do not mix. Show me a person
who is strongly religious and I will show you a person that does not
believe in global warming.

In the bible after Noah and the great flood, God said he would never
destroy the Earth with water again. So many here do not believe the poles
are shrinking and rising ocean levels will harm the Earth. Also religious
people believe in the end times and God will create a new earth when their
messiah returns (never going to happen).

Science has been at war with religion since the days of Galileo Galilei.
In my book, one cannot reason with religious people. They will find a verse
somewhere in their so called Holy Book that will support the most
ridiculous positions.

I am not amazed, by it at all. It is typical of many Americans to be anti
science.