Posted to rec.food.cooking
FarmI FarmI is offline

Default Global Warming

"Kent" > wrote in message
>I can't believe the naivety of what's being said on television about Global
>Warming. Sorry to post this but I have to.

Are you in the US? I'm always amazed at some of the things I see being said
by some Americans about climate change. There seem to be some very anti
science people in the US.

> Global Warming is the first environmental event that signals the end of
> the world for human and animal life as it is today. Global Warming cannot
> be stopped even though many are hopelessly trying. The climate change will
> alter our environment to the point where animal and human life, as we are
> now genetically composed, won't be possible. There isn't anything that can
> be done to temper that.
> A number of events tied to this that will occur a
>
> a. There will be a change in what infects humans and animals that can't be
> treated.
>
> b. Our water supply will be non drinkable and will decrease in volume.

I heard an American scientist say that Arizona was going to have real
problems with water.

> c. Our metabolism won't tolerate increased heat. New illnesses will arise
> we can't temper.
>
> d. The change in what will grow and available to eat will not feed the
> world's population.
>
> This will be massive to the point that the world won't be able to
> surviive.
>
> Fortunately, it won't affect us in our lifetimes.

Who do you include in that 'us'? It's already affecting many Pacific Island
nations already.