Oh, Guess

Default Lambic tasting

On Sun, 08 Feb 2004 19:29:56 GMT, "Lew Bryson"
> wrote:

>"Bill Coleman" > wrote in message
>> How was Drie Fonteinen rated? That is my favorite
>> Lambic these days...basically talking about the Gueuze,
>> as their fruit lambics are pretty hard to find lately.

>Drie Fonteinen was not in the lineup. It was 20 from Lindemans, Boon,
>Hanssens, Cantillon, and De Ranke.

That's really stretching things to call De Ranke Kriek a "lambic."
They don't actually blend a lambic, they buy some from elsewhere and
blend it with their own house-brewed ale and, of course, the
cherries. It's a bit like comparing Reinaert's "Flemish Wild Ale"
to an actual lambic; it has some characteristics that make it similar
to one, but it isn't one, just the same.
--
Nobody You Know