Posted to rec.food.cooking
Michel Boucher[_3_] Michel Boucher[_3_] is offline

Default But we don't celebrate Christmas!

Serene Vannoy > wrote in news:8npgn6Fo8cU3
@mid.individual.net:

> It was like Christmas dinner without the Christmas.

I do a cold lunch on Christmas Day. We are definitely not religious, so no
mumbo jumbo or "grace" or any of that "grateful" stuff. This year, like
last year, I did a Christmas day cold lunch. We invited only family and
extended family: my wife and I, both step children, boyfriend of step-
daughter, grandchild, my sister and her companion and my ex-wife. My ex-
wife had her first experience with a Skype video call to my daughter who
lives in Vancouver.

On Thursday I bought, on Friday I cooked, on Saturday I was fairly rested
and we sat down and ate:

1 roasted pork loin (bought from the organic butcher)
2 medium stuffed turkey breasts (bought stuffed from the organic butcher)
a large bowl of potato salad (small potatoes, mayo, salt and pepper)
2 types of cranberry sauces (my traditional with lemon juice and finely
chopped ginger, and a cranberry chutney with orange juice and maple syrup)
a dish of sautéed asparagus, served cold with a vinaigrette
beets en papillotte

Afterwards, a nice Tomme de Grosse-Île with white bread. My sister had
brought a large plate of small cakes for dessert.

Links:

http://www.foodnetwork.ca/recipes/Si...ml?dishid=4919

http://www.fromagesileauxgrues.com/tomme-grosse-ile-en/

--

When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag
and carrying a cross.

Sinclair Lewis

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnrYMafCzeE