Posted to rec.food.cooking
Serene Vannoy Serene Vannoy is offline

Default But we don't celebrate Christmas!

On 12/26/2010 12:49 PM, ImStillMags wrote:
> On Dec 26, 10:43 am, Serene > wrote:
>

> I don't "keep Christmas" in the traditional sense, either. But I love
> the foods of the Winter's Season.
> So I did a rib roast dinner and had friends in and we enjoyed the
> food, the wine, and each other.
>
> I think I keep the Winter's Solstice more like the Pagans of
> old !! ;-)

:-) We care more about natural "holidays" like solstice than about the
ones we grew up with, but even those, we don't really pay much attention
to. Not that we have anything against them; it's just not something we
happen to care about. Besides, one of our family members does this every
year, so that keeps us stocked up on Christmas Cheer:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/61898632@N00/sets/1710724/

ObFood: I've received a giant load of Super Sekrit ingredient from a
major food producer, along with an invitation to join a cooking-video
contest they're running. I don't want to say what it is unless we end
up liking it, but the first recipe I'm going to make with it is gonna be
a lot of fun. More when I've done the thing.

Serene

--
http://www.momfoodproject.com