Posted to rec.food.cooking
Dan Abel Dan Abel is offline

Default Ok this sucks

In article >,
"Nancy Young" > wrote:

> Jim Elbrecht wrote:
> > On Sat, 25 Dec 2010 02:14:24 -0800, sf > wrote:

> >> I don't have crowns, so I know nothing... would it be possible to
> >> crazy glue it back on?

> > My wife has done that. The down side is - the dentist had to use a
> > lot of force to loosen it up again.

> I read about someone doing that, it was a real hassle for the
> dentist. And I'm sure not so much fun for the patient. I would
> hold off on putting any kind of glue in there.

I'm not a dentist, and I don't play one on tv. What I remember, is that
a recommended temporary glue for a temporary crown is toothpaste. That
will keep your cold breath out, keep stuff from getting stuck inside and
prevent pressure from food on the inside. It's not going to work well
for chewing (except straight up and down), and there is still
considerable danger of swallowing if it gets loose. Since yours isn't
temporary, you really don't want to swallow it.

--
Dan Abel
Petaluma, California USA