Lew Bryson

Default I been to Ropewalk today

I lied. I wasn't going to Baltimore next week, I went today. Had some really
good beer at Clipper City, a pint of the huge and excellent Fuel Imperial
Stout at Capitol City, a piping hot flounder samwich at the Cross Street
Market, Sandy Mitchell bought me a spiced Scottish at Ryleigh's that was
pretty damned tasty (last pint of the batch, sorry!), and then we went to
Ropewalk.
I liked the place. Very worn-in and comfortable wooden interior, real-deal
original brickwork, and all dat. I figured to give the "bad tap lines" a try
by ordering a McHenry's, Clipper City's lager (all German malt, and a damned
good beer, BTW). It was clean and cold, bartender was friendly and prompt.
Beer selection wasn't Monk's-level, but respectable; good, if not great.
Sure, there are better selections around, within a couple blocks, but...it
was easy to find something good, like 2003 Anchor OSA for $2 a pint. Beat
that.
I didn't ask, and I didn't tell. I just hung out. I liked the place, and the
food I saw looked good (I was STUFFED from that flounder, delicious). Sandy
asked, and the bartender was real civil about the lawsuit, but it does sound
like there's some misunderstanding. A lawsuit does seem heavy-handed,
but...I don't think I have the whole story.

--
Lew Bryson

www.LewBryson.com
Author of "New York Breweries" and "Pennsylvania Breweries," 2nd ed., both
available at <www.amazon.com>
The Hotmail address on this post is for newsgroups only: I don't check it,
or respond to it. Spam away.