Paris

Default More Ropewalk

Lew,

I find it somewhat humerous but unfortunate that people would copy-cat
the incident over on happy-hour. But it's cool. If Ropewalk is suit
happy there are a growing number of others they can now waste their
time and money harassing. It's good to know we aren't alone

The postings are similar and I don't encourage the bashing on
Ropewalk. GIve them a try and tell them where you found out about them
and be sure to send PubCrawler and email to set us straight on your
experience there. Maybe they have isolated problems. I know two of
them one would be their lawyer and the other one of the owners.

Ropewalk's real problems we think are as follows:

A. They wanted removed - violating all logic - we sent them 100-200
people that otherwise would have been at another nearby alternative
more than likely. They had a few reviews from one-timers who anyone
who uses the system for more than 2 seconds knows you can click to see
other reviews by the same person - even though it is far from perfect
its headed to better places and allows the casual reader some
additional dig down credibility space.

B. Marc didn't believe that we had misfiled reviews after our summer
crash and still implicate us as posting a message as William McFaul.
As I have told anyone who asked, never been to Baltimore, don't know
Ropewalk and I have no ax to grind with them other than the one they
tossed at me and I decided to run with.

C. Sicking your bitchy lawyer sister (sue me for libel/slander and
prove in court you aren't such) on people to intimidate them and
having her threatening to sue them and ruin them through litigation
costs and having her tell you all of that on the phone is STUPID.

I tend to make myself available and answer most of the emails and
requests that come into the system. We are fairly easy to deal with.

D. Thinking that bully conduct will be tolerated by us. Wrong.

E. Arguing muddy trademark law BS and jumping on us for using your
logo to promote your place.

Bad business people bad.

I actually feel bad for patrons who have a legitimate complaint- I
suspect it isn't being heard and I also wonder what the employee
experience at Ropewalk is like if the management carries on like this
and issues such stong threats to us.

-paris
pubcrawler.com

http://www.Usenet.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! >100,000 Newsgroups