Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default REC: Bacon and Habanero Infused Vodka

wrote on Wed, 15 Dec 2010 08:04:09 -0800:

> Bacon and Habanero Infused Vodka
> Adapted from Croce's Restaurant & Jazz Bar.

> 6 strips of bacon
> 3 habanero chili peppers
> 2 serano chile peppers
> 1 liter good quality vodka (this is not exact)

> Add strips of bacon to a dry, cold, large skillet. Warm the
> skillet over low heat. Cook bacon until crispy, flipping the
> bacon several times throughout the process. Transfer cooked
> bacon to a paper towel lined plate and set aside to cool.

What an "interesting" idea! I don't know if I have the nerve to try it
with a whole bottle of vodka. I do like hot pepper infused vodka and
keep a bottle in the freezer. In passing, I dislike Absolut's so-called
"Peppar Vodka" that seems to use green sweet peppers.

--

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland