Posted to rec.food.cooking
Pringles CheezUms Pringles CheezUms is offline

Default New Stockpot

I got a new stock pot and tried it out today, making spaghetti.
It behaved differently than my old one and I thot I'd check here to see
if it's normal.
It's a 12-qt stainless steel and aluminum sandwich (at least on the
bottom.) That's bigger than my old one which was only around 8 qt I'd
guess, and the old one was also only single sheet of metal. Not aluminum
tho, too heavy for that.
The problem is it never would get to a rolling boil tonite. It came
close and have big bubbles coming up the middle of the water but never
quite make it to rolling like the old one. There was more water in it,
but I let it go for what seemed like plenty of time to get it there.
It cooked the spaghetti, but took longer than my old one.

What I want to know is that normal for a large pot of this type?