Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Applesauce-Lunchmeat Casserole

> wrote in message
>2 cups sweetened applesauce
> 1/4 cup brown sugar
> 1/4 cup chopped onion
> 1 T vinegar
> 1 12-oz. can luncheon meat, cut in 6 slices
> Prepared mustard
> 2 T melted butter or margarine
> 1/2 tsp garlic salt
> 1 cup soft bread crumbs
>
> Mix the applesauce, brown sugar, chopped onion and vinegar together.
> Pour into a 7 x 11 inch baking pan. Arrange slices of meat over
> applesauce and spread lightly with mustard. Melt butter or margarine
> and add garlic salt. Toss with bread crumbs and sprinkle over meat.
> Bake in a 400 degree oven for about 20 minutes.
>
> Your guests will be begging for seconds of this!

That sounds disgusting to me, but... I made something similar last
Christmas morning for breakfast. Husband and daughter loved it so much I
made it for New Year's too. I have since lost the recipe. It came from the
celiac forum. But this one looks similar. I didn't really measure anything
and I used less brown sugar. Actually only used a sprinkle. It was still
too sweet for me. Can't imagine how it would have been with the full
amount.

http://allrecipes.com//Recipe/sausag...er/Detail.aspx