Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Question about resto chains.

"Kalmia" > wrote in message
> Ate at a new Olive Garden. In fact the training staff was still
> there, before they cut 'em loose on their own. A kitchen staffer
> asked how the meal was, my companion replied "Toooooo salty" and
> "I'll tell the kitchen", said she. I got to wondering on the way
> home....aren't the meals all pre-prepared elsewhere and just
> reheated? She implied that the staff really had some latitude. Any
> ideas on how that food's prepared? I doubt they have CIA grads in each
> location.

I've never worked in that field. I do know that at Olive Garden, the gluten
free pasta is prepared elsewhere and comes frozen.

I do not think the other pasta comes frozen, at least not with the sauce on.
My mom and SIL tend to order their pasta with no sauce. There are also meat
dishes on the gluten free menu that are similar to those on the regular menu
minus some things which leads me to believe that they are made there. That
being said, I suppose it is possible that the things like the meat are
prepared elsewhere and come flash frozen. I've been told this is the case
with Applebee's.