Old 10-12-2010, 04:07 PM posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.baking
Virginia Tadrzynski[_2_] Virginia Tadrzynski[_2_] is offline

Default looking for a stollen recipes

"Melba's Jammin'" wrote in message
"Virginia Tadrzynski" wrote:

20 years ago at my eldest daughter's christening, my then sister-in-law
brought a stollen her mother had made. Now before someone gets their
knickers in a twist about using 'pre-made' or 'canned' ingredients, close
this thread now and no one will get offended. The stollen was made using
Pillsbury crescent rolls. The mother has since died and the former
sister-in-law, although I still am cordial with her, couldn't boil water
without burning it, so forget getting a recipe from her. Can anyone
help?
Thanks,
ginny

PS: it a 'memory' thing, this recipe, so please don't tell me I could
make
my own stollen, I know that, what I want to do is replicate this one.

Ginny I Googled crescent roll stollen and got a bunch of hits. Did
you do a search?

--
Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
Holy Order of the Sacred Sisters of St. Pectina of Jella

I did search, but none of them looked 'quite right' if you know what I
mean....
-ginny