Posted to alt.food.barbecue
[email protected] hrbrickerNOSPAM@verizon.net is offline

Default Czilispiel - a long report on a fun weekend in Texas

On 29-Oct-2007, " > wrote:

.. . .

Great post Robert. I particularly enjoyed the following paragraph;

> And after this last weekend, I will probably snicker when I read about
> how much some obsess with making sure that they conform to the group's
> expectations or guidelines ("I wanted to pull the meat at 187.65
> degrees, but it got away from me so I pulled it off at 188.326
> degrees, so I am wondering if I should eat it or pitch it" type
> thing. I have to smile now when I think of those guys out there
> cooking away to the sound of their own drummer, doing as they please
> without a second thought. And turning out some outstanding product
> along the way, too.

I'm particularly thinking about my last beef shoulder cook where I
meant to take it off at about 175 and it went over 200 before I woke
up and checked on it. It was funny then and even funnier in light of
your post.
--
Brick (Kinky is using a feather.
Perverted is using the whole chicken.)