Old 08-12-2010, 06:52 PM posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.baking
Ophelia[_7_] Ophelia[_7_] is offline

Default looking for a stollen recipes

"Virginia Tadrzynski" wrote in message
20 years ago at my eldest daughter's christening, my then sister-in-law
brought a stollen her mother had made. Now before someone gets their
knickers in a twist about using 'pre-made' or 'canned' ingredients, close
this thread now and no one will get offended. The stollen was made using
Pillsbury crescent rolls. The mother has since died and the former
sister-in-law, although I still am cordial with her, couldn't boil water
without burning it, so forget getting a recipe from her. Can anyone help?
Thanks,
ginny

PS: it a 'memory' thing, this recipe, so please don't tell me I could make
my own stollen, I know that, what I want to do is replicate this one.

Have a wee look here! I don't see why you couldn't use prepared dough!

http://allrecipes.co.uk/recipe/7/christmas-stollen.aspx

https://www.shop.helpforheroes.org.uk/