Old 08-12-2010, 06:10 PM posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.baking
Kate Connally[_2_] Kate Connally[_2_] is offline

Default looking for a stollen recipes

Sorry, Ginny, I just couldn't resist. I'm having one
of those days.

kate

On 12/8/2010 10:50 AM, Virginia Tadrzynski wrote:
20 years ago at my eldest daughter's christening, my then sister-in-law
brought a stollen her mother had made. Now before someone gets their
knickers in a twist about using 'pre-made' or 'canned' ingredients, close
this thread now and no one will get offended. The stollen was made using
Pillsbury crescent rolls. The mother has since died and the former
sister-in-law, although I still am cordial with her, couldn't boil water
without burning it, so forget getting a recipe from her. Can anyone help?
Thanks,
ginny

PS: it a 'memory' thing, this recipe, so please don't tell me I could make
my own stollen, I know that, what I want to do is replicate this one.

--
Kate Connally
If I were as old as I feel, Id be dead already.