Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Alton Brown last night

I think the recipe at foodnetwork.com fills in that little lacuna.

> then finish with high heat for a crust. *He says it should finish
> between 127F - 134f. *It was interesting. *Cant' wait to try.

I mainly use Alton's method, except I don't bother about the
stupid flowerpot.

I've always done the aging at home, but my butcher talked
me out of it this year, because he's already done it. We'll
be cooking prime rib this weekend for DH's birthday party.

By the time it's done cooking at 200 F, it's nice and
brown on the outside, and I've stopped giving it the
high heat to finish.

> Will have to decide what to serve it with. *I've never made Yorkshire
> pudding either and am considering it.

Sound good. DH loves twice-baked potatoes, so that's what
we always have. I always end up with just a little grease
and a couple of teaspoons of what you might call "fond",
in the pan, so I just throw it all away.

Cindy Hamilton