Posted to rec.food.cooking
Boron Elgar Boron Elgar is offline

Default Alton Brown last night

On Tue, 7 Dec 2010 07:55:51 -0800 (PST), Nancy2
> wrote:

>> My mother made the her prime rib that way and she passed on the idea
>> to me. Many folks object to the idea of the liquid in the roasting
>> pan, but the meat comes out perfectly done, juicy inside and crispy
>> outside. Can't beat it.
>>
>> Boron- Hide quoted text -

>How do you bake your Yorkshire pudding without drippings that haven't
>been diluted?
>
>N.

I do not usually use all meat drippings for it, but instead, pour off
the pan juices, let them sit a bit, then siphon off some of the fat
from the top. Takes only a minute while the roast it resting and then
I can proceed.

And I do not make YP every time I make a prime rib, nor do I have a
prime rib every time I make YP. Without pan drippings, YP comes out
very much like popovers, especially all around the edges. It is quite
delightful, even without drippings flavors.

Boron