Posted to rec.food.cooking
ravenlynne[_5_] ravenlynne[_5_] is offline

Default Alton Brown last night

On 12/7/2010 10:41 AM, Pete C. wrote:

> ravenlynne wrote:
>>
>> I want to try goose one year for christmas, but not sure about the
>> gaminess? I don't want something that the kids will not eat.

> I can't imaging that a commercially purchased farmed goose is
> particularly "gamey". I'd suggest a test run before the main event, and
> perhaps a well seasoned preparation. If you plan to shoot a wild goose
> that's making a mess of your lawn, that might be gamier.

LOL..well there ARE a flock of canadian geese living in the pond behind
my house. Here in North Florida. Year Round. Blocking my driveway
occasionally.

But, no, it would be a farmed goose. I respect hunters and what they
do, and I do understand that that is where my meat comes from, but I
don't want to have to kill things yet. I'm squeamish. Plenty of time
for that after the zombie apocalypse.

--
Currently reading: It's finals, what do you think I'm reading?