Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.support.incest,rec.food.cooking,alt.marketing.online.ebay,alt.religion.christian.pentecostal
Christopher Helms Christopher Helms is offline

Default american beer inferier?

On Dec 5, 6:22*am, "N_Cook" > wrote:
> Christopher Helms > wrote in message

> On Dec 4, 7:03 pm, "(PeteCresswell)" > wrote:
>
> > Per Peter Lucas (SAS RET):

> > >What do Urine and american Beer have in common?
> > >They both taste the same going in and comming out!!

> > The German side of my family refers to our beer as "****wasser".

> > Bad rap as far as I'm concerned bc the most noticeable fault of
> > American beers like Bud and Coors is the *lack* of taste - ****
> > or otherwise.

> We Americans like our beer mediocre. At the end of Prohibition there
> were something like 700 commercial breweries operating in the US.
> Today if you don't count the micros, there are what? Three big
> nationals? Anheuser Busch, Coors and Miller and they are owned by huge
> conglomerates. There are a few medium sized regional brewers like
> Linenkugel and Yuengling still around, but I don't know if they're
> still independent or not. We Americans don't really do beer anymore.
> Or anything else, for that matter.
>
> &&&&&&
>
> The beer in the Simpsons is Duff, is that a joke for the Brits or does the
> word duff in the USA have the same meaning

In the US it's usually used to refer to ones bottom, as in "Why don't
you get off your duff and go find a job?" There's a guy named Duff who
is or was in the band Guns & Roses at one time, and there was a woman
named Duff on MTv back in the 90's, but those are the only non
Simpsons duffs I can think of right now.