Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.support.incest,rec.food.cooking,alt.marketing.online.ebay,alt.religion.christian.pentecostal
spamtrap1888 spamtrap1888 is offline

Default american beer inferier?

On Dec 4, 5:49*pm, "Arfa Daily" > wrote:
> "(PeteCresswell)" > wrote in message

> > Per Peter Lucas (SAS RET):
> >>What do Urine and american Beer have in common?
> >>They both taste the same going in and comming out!!

> > The German side of my family refers to our beer as "****wasser".

> > Bad rap as far as I'm concerned bc the most noticeable fault of
> > American beers like Bud and Coors is the *lack* of taste - ****
> > or otherwise.

> > There are, IMHO, some enjoyable American beers. *But they're
> > smaller brands - some of which are even claimed thb brewed in
> > accordance with the old German "Purity Law" - as in
> >http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reinheitsgebot

> I rather like to drink Michelob when I'm stateside, but do I recall someone
> telling me that's actually a Canadian beer ?

Canadian breweries have been making American brands for year,
apparently cross-border TV ads have stimulated demand for "The Silver
Bullet" etc. Then you have the strange case of Minhas Craft Brewery:
The former Huber Brewery of Wisconsin was bought out by immigrants to
Canada, who benefit from NAFTA by brewing beers there for the Canadian
market. Minhas also makes beer for Trader Joe's -- $3 for a sixpack of
cans.

TJ's used to carry Huber products back in the day.