Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default american beer inferier?

(PeteCresswell) wrote on Sat, 04 Dec 2010 20:03:13 -0500:

> Per Peter Lucas (SAS RET):
>> What do Urine and american Beer have in common?
>> They both taste the same going in and comming out!!

> The German side of my family refers to our beer as
> "****wasser".

> Bad rap as far as I'm concerned bc the most noticeable fault
> of American beers like Bud and Coors is the *lack* of taste -
> **** or otherwise.

> There are, IMHO, some enjoyable American beers. But they're
> smaller brands - some of which are even claimed thb brewed in
> accordance with the old German "Purity Law" - as in
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reinheitsgebot

I'll admit that a lot of popular US beers are pretty bad; Budweiser and
Coors are examples of ones that only should be drunk on a very hot day
and so cold as to have ice crystals in them. However, Sam Adams, Dogfish
Head, Brooklyn and Sierra Nevada, for example, make beers that don't
need to worrry about comparison with European ones.
--

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland