Posted to rec.food.cooking
Dan L Dan L is offline

Default Mass produced vs. Organic Free Range Eggs

Sqwertz > wrote:
> On Sat, 4 Dec 2010 14:59:22 +0000 (UTC), Dan L wrote:
>
>> Since you state you have a back yard, you can have chickens. Most
>> communities and cities now allow chickens in the back yard.

> What a Jill statement.
>
> Do you have a list of those cities?
>
> Just because *your* city allows chickens, don't assume that all
> cities allow chickens. Many large cities and small communities do
> not allow either.
>
> Regardless, how many of us would raise chickens if they were legal?
> Excluding Om. I certainly don't want to be known as the chicken
> guy. And certainly not the ostrich guy either.
>
> -sw

I live in the boon docks, the country, I have a small hobby farm: Cow,
chickens, beehives and a dog on twenty acres. I use to live in the city.

However, in Michigan, the detroit metro area cities, lots sizes small as
100x50 feet, allows hens. Ferndale and Madison Heights are examples of
near by communities that allow hens. I know people that have chickens as
well as bee hives in these cities. For names, call up a beekeeper that
maybe in phone book and you will find out for yourself.

A chicken guy could sell his extra eggs to a neighbor for $3.50 dozen.
Raw honey for $10 per pound. Now raw milk... Is another story.