Posted to rec.food.cooking
Jim Elbrecht Jim Elbrecht is offline

Default Mass produced vs. Organic Free Range Eggs

Dan L > wrote:
-snip-

>Since you state you have a back yard, you can have chickens. Most
>communities and cities now allow chickens in the back yard.

Most? Not in this neck of the woods. I have seen articles on all
3 nearby cities fighting 'farm animals in residential' areas. This
week there was one for the 'burb where I live.

One of the cities has a large Guyananese population which gave rise to
a live poultry store in the city. You walk in, pick your chicken,
and it is dispatched for you. But no live chickens are allowed at
residences unless you get a farm permit. [which you can't get within
the city]

Jim