Douglas W. Hoyt

Default Is there a consumer's beer contest?

best pilsners are, one can search by top ratings in that category and get
good information.

True. It's still a cold shower to see all those top ratings at about 3.7 on
a 5 point scale where other styles are well into the 4's. It makes you
wonder what's wrong with those other styles!

And as regards 'big' beers, I picked up a six of Dogfish Head 60 Minute the
other day, and it is knockout. Completely delicious. Makes me weep.
It has all the flowery complexity that I like in Bell's Two-Hearted, but
with even more intricate gothic zooming, yet it scores below other IPA's
that are impenetrable walls of hops.