Kevin

Default Is there a consumer's beer contest?

I should have qualified the statement by stating those brewpubs and
microbreweries that _want_ to brew to style for the GABF. I would expect
some not to care what the style guidelines say, but then they should not be
surprised if they do not win, either. I agree with you too, that some
micros can brew consistently from batch to batch--I was probably
generalizing too much.

Kevin

"plutchak joel peter" > wrote in message
> Kevin > wrote:
> >The brewpubs and microbreweries don't have the millions
> >invested in consistency; their product varies from batch to batch, no

matter
> >how much they try to keep the consistency the same. Looking at it

another
> >way, the brewpubs and microbreweries are brewing as best as they can to

fit