plutchak joel peter

Default Is there a consumer's beer contest?

Scott T. Jensen > wrote:
>No, if we saw the same special, it clearly showed that some of the
>brewmasters were making special batches (taking at least extra special care
>when they're brewed) for the contest.

That doesn't clash with the rules.

>I'd disagree. From watching the special, it has more to do with you being
>luck enough to have beer from the same specially-brewed batch of beer that
>was tapped for the contest.

And the same would be true of your proposed competition,
but you'd be adding purchase location into the mix. How does
that help the "average consumer?"

>Unfortunately, as no one has brought up a contest structured as what I'm
>seeking, I guess it just doesn't exist. Too bad. If I had money to throw
>around, I'd start it up but I don't.

Or maybe people who have experience with beer competitions
know what they're doing, better than some average USENET poster.
--
Joel Plutchak <plutchak@[...]> | Boneyard Union of Zymurgical Zealots

"I don't like beer. I tried it once and thought it was terrible."
- Overheard at a restaurant