plutchak joel peter

Default Is there a consumer's beer contest?

Scott T. Jensen > wrote:
>"Steve Jackson" > wrote:
>> Sure, everyone finds out about beers they might not have
>> otherwise via these contests, but I've seen enough cases
>> where an award winning beer isn't any better than a lot
>> of similar beers out there.

>Again, that's your opinion. Perhaps your tastebuds are not that
>discriminating.

Ah, the ad hominem attack. That'll win him over.
FWIW, I know Steve Jackson, I've drank beer with Steve Jackson.
His tastebuds are fine. (FWIW, I've also argued with Steve Jackson,
so it's not like I'm his best friend who would defend him in
everything he does.)

>> recommendations, etc. Winning a contest is pretty low on
>> the list. But maybe that's just me.

>By profession, I'm a marketing consultant...

And I'm a brewer and certified beer judge. That and $3.50
will get me a pint of beer at a Chicago brewpub.
--
Joel Plutchak <plutchak@[...]> | Boneyard Union of Zymurgical Zealots

"I don't like beer. I tried it once and thought it was terrible."
- Overheard at a restaurant