nicholas peter dempsey

Default Is there a consumer's beer contest?

In article >,
Scott T. Jensen > wrote:
>"Oh, Guess" wrote:
>
>This isn't some conspiracy theory. What I state was SAID by microbrewers on
>the show, SHOWN on the show, and even one of the JUDGES that entered in his
>own beer (Dark Chocolate Stout ... if I remember correctly) was shown
>specially hand-bottling his own beer and stating why he's doing it.

This is exactly what I saw as well. Brewers tweaking batches until they
had one that they felt was contest worthy. I doubt this is an issue with
the big boys' beer that comprises a large proportion of GABF entries, but
is something the the micro guys do since they don't have the millions
invested in consistency that BMC does.

--NPD
--
Nicholas P. Dempsey