Posted to rec.food.cooking
Mark Thorson Mark Thorson is offline

Default I saw the Butterball Turkey Fryer Commercial

Sqwertz wrote:

> It does appear as if they're using a 6-pound, maybe 7 at the most,
> turkey or chicken in the demonstration. But they did say a couple
> times that it supposedly fry's a 14lb turkey. I don't see how,
> though.

I just saw it at Bed, Bath, and Beyond, and it's really
as small as it looks in the commercial. What you can't
see is how cheaply made it is. Thin sheet metal, not
a solid machine like a Ronco rotissiere.

> Of course when you call, you can ask about upgrading to the "20lb
> fryer" version. But you have to call. Because the whole time they
> never tell you the price of either of the fryers being offered.

At BB&B, the so-called 14 lb. machine is $149.99.