Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Nick Cramer Nick Cramer is offline

Default Arthritis and diabetes

"Ellen K." > wrote:
> I have also heard that fish is very good against arthritis, and that red
> meat is bad for it. From your below list, I would say, yes, definitely
> make sure to include a lot of fish in your diet, and eat everything else
> in that list except the grains.

> "Nick Cramer" > wrote in message

> > The little research I've done suggests Fish such as herring, sardines
> > and tuna; garlic, onions, sprouts and cabbage; Brazil nuts, sunflower
> > seeds, toasted wheat germ, brown rice, wheat bran and soy beans;
> > almonds, barley, beans, avocados and greens; Blueberries, cherries and
> > black cherries.
> >
> > Some of those are not real diabetes-friendly. What are the thoughts and
> > observations of others? Thanks.

We eat a lot of fish, too. Tilapia, salmon, trout, catfish, cod, tuna,
shrimp, squid, mussels, crab, etc. Garlic in almost everything. Onions,
sprouts, greens and avocado, too. Don't forget lots of hot chile peppers! I
do love beef and lamb, also beans. I like blueberries, strawberries and
blackberries, too. I don't eat grains, except some occasional pin oats,
grits, cornbread and pumpernickel.

The arthritis only bothers me when I'm in bed.

families: https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/ http://anymarine.com/
http://www.specialops.org/ http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/