Posted to alt.food.wine
greybeard[_2_] greybeard[_2_] is offline

Default Appellation help please. France.

Usually I'm stay as a lurker here, but a question for the francophiles.

Just completed an annual mixed case purchase of rose for summer,
( 'is lordship St. H. territory). Usual purchase of Felines Jourdan and
Lascaux (languedoc) and came across a new producer that I decided to
try:

Le Jarras, Domaine Listel, Vin de Pays des Sables du Golfe du Lion.

OK I've found this is the coastal strip where the Herault fronts the
Med.
Known as the Camargue. Anybody able to flesh this out with more detail?
And, the grape varietal(s) is listed as "Grain de Gris". Can anyone
expand
on this, normal for the appellation?
Haven't opened one yet, so no TN.

cheers greybeard.